Hardware version 3 represents the move from breadboards (20 of them!) to a PCB.
Most everything is the same as in version 2, except for the following:
- Removal of the external control interface previously used for in-system flash programming via an Arduino.
This is made obsolete by ZIF-socketed flash chips that can be programmed directly (and faster, too!).
- Optimizations of Boolean control logic to reduce overall chip count.
- schematic-v3-revA.pdf: Schematic diagrams for the main computer board
- kicad/: KiCad files for this schematic as well as the PCB design
- [TODO: schematics for I/O expansion: keyboard buffer, LCD, and hardware timer]
Software is binary-compatible with version 2.